A strong Christian woman embarks on a radical life experiment-a year of biblical womanhood.
Strong and committed in her faith-but frustrated by the inconsistencies she saw in her evangelical culture's view of women-Rachel Held Evans became an independent woman. But, intrigued by the traditionalist resurgence that led many of her friends to abandon their careers to assume traditional gender roles in the home, Evans had a crazy idea:What if I took "biblical womanhood" literally for a full year? In the next twelve months Rachel:
- Wore a scarf over her head to pray
- Called her husband "master" and stood on the roadside with a sign that said "Dan is Awesome"
- Adopted a computerized baby
- Perched on the roof for an afternoon of penance for gossiping
- Camped out in her front yard during her period
- Visited an Amish schoolhouse, a pig farm in Bolivia, and a Benedictine monastery
- Took up baking and knitting
- Interviewed a polygamist, a Quiverfull daughter, and a courtship couple
With just the right mixture of humor and insight, Evans takes readers along with her on a lively adventure. In the process she discovers that the journey itself leads her right to the heart of God.
To start reading an eBook, download one of the Copia apps:
Download Copia to your computer:
For support & inquiries, visit our Support page.